Monday, May 10, 2010

Inspiration for the book, and what it's all about

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting. I'm just getting this site (and the book) up and running, and comments are welcome. A number of friends have asked what inspired me to write this book, so I'll share my thoughts here. After 16 years in public service, it has become clear to me that our economic, social, and justice systems are deeply, inherently, irretrievably flawed and outmoded. Through my experience, research, and soul searching, it has also become clear that the root of the crisis is one of consciousness, and that if that were to evolve on an individual level (aggregating in the collective), humanity could make a quantum leap in creating a more just, humane, equitable world.

So...how to evolve? In many ways it is a simple matter of shifting our beliefs--programmed into us by society, family, and friends--which can allow us to reclaim our personal power and create a different world. In the book I illustrate how I arrived at this understanding, engaged it myself, and effected a complete transformation in my life circumstances. I would be interested in hearing how others may have experienced something similar, or in responding to inquiries regarding my personal process if that's of help. I hope to hear from you.

5 comments:

  1. Julia, thank you for a great read and an inspirational outlook on the life that is unfolding in the system.
    You might be interested in stopping by J Elaine's Boutique on Higgins. She has many of the same views as you do.
    Denison von Maur
    Missoula.
    www.AltoonaRidgeLodge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia,
    Loved your book. I should be able to make it 22 July at F&F and meet you.
    Your experience struck a cord with me, but the process was different.
    I'd like to talk to you about it and get your point of view, if you'd like.
    See you soon
    Phil
    PS: I should be easy to spot, I have a strong French accent (I've been told...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You told me that you wrote a memoir, but I never asked of what! Now I know, and I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodi - thanks - I hope you enjoy it! It's carried at Fact & Fiction, and also on Amazon.com
    Again, thanks for your interest! Julia

    ReplyDelete